Melinda from Moose Jaw, Canada
wins a clean and comfortable Songfacts T-shirt.
Here are the answers:
1) What popular song from the '60s repeats the phrase "Sock It To Me"?
" by Aretha Franklin
2) What song did Kurt Cobain quote in his suicide note?
- "My My, Hey Hey (Out Of The Blue)
" by Neil Young
3) Name a father and son who each had #1 hits in the UK as solo artists.
- Julio and Enrique Iglesias
Julio: "Begin The Beguine"
4) What popular song from 2005 was written by the group's lead singer and inspired by his grandmother who had recently died?
" by My Chemical Romance
5) In the '70s, an R&B song and a Rock ballad with the same title both went to #1 in the U.S. What was that title?
- "Best Of My Love"
The Emotions and The Eagles.
6) What song by a British singer is written from the viewpoint of a disabled woman who is sick of the sympathy she receives because of her condition.
- "November Spawned A Monster
" by Morrissey
" by Elvis Costello
7) What is the best-selling album in the U.S. with a one-letter title?
- R by R. Kelly
8) What is the first song to sell one million legal downloads?
- Hollaback Girl
by Gwen Stefani
9) Since 1985, what is the only song to hit #1 in the U.S. without a video?
" by Boston
10) What female Pop-rock singer sang the theme song for a popular children's show from the '80s?
- Cyndi Lauper
The show was Pee Wee's Playhouse.
Thanks to everyone who took the quiz, and be sure to take the new one