2 people win clean and comfortable Songfacts T-shirts for their efforts. The winners are:
Rob from Cambridge, England
Anna from New Ulm, MN
Here are the answers:
- What popular song by The Who (which was not a hit in the UK) has a title that is not mentioned in the lyrics?
- Baba O'Riley
It's also known as "Teenage Wasteland."
- What artist was the most played on British radio over the last 20 years?
- George Michael.
Elton John was #2.
- What song mentions sunflower seeds, carrot juice, and zucchini?
- "Cheeseburger In Paradise" by Jimmy Buffett
- What Beatles song contains a lot of French lyrics?
- What popular band's original lead singer killed himself before they hit it big?
- No Doubt
Their original lead singer was John Spence, who killed himself in 1987.
- Joy Division
Their lead singer killed himself shortly before their most successful album was released. The other members then formed New Order and had massive success in the UK.
We didn't accept AC/DC because they were already doing well when Bon Scott died, and he wasn't trying to kill himself.
Same thing with Chicago and Terry Kath.
- What band has a member named "Leroi"?
- The Dave Matthews Band
Leroi Moore is a multi-instrumentalist in the band.
- What popular band's lead singer is married to an Oscar-winning actress?
Chris Martin married Gwenyth Paltrow. Chris Robinson of The Black Crowes is married to Kate Hudson, but she didn't win the Oscar for Almost Famous.
- What famous album has garden gnomes on the cover?
- All Things Must Pass by George Harrison
- What group had a #1 U.S. Hot 100 hit in the '80s with the name of a ferocious animal in the title?
- Survivor - "Eye Of The Tiger"
- Who was the last Swedish group to have a Top-40 hit in either the U.S. or UK?
"Waterloo" (re-issue) hit #20 in the UK in May, 2004.
Thanks to everyone who took the quiz, and be sure to take the new one